Sunday, February 25, 2007

Last monday 12 February 2007, the Karnataka bandh went peacefully. I took a walk in the busy Hosur Road was almost deserted, with only few Cars and two wheelers plying on the road. But I was asking the question is it the people wanted to show their protest which made the Bandh a success or the fear of violence that made it success. This question came to me again in the evening around 6:00 PM, when I saw the crowd in almost every bakeries opened in the area. Almost every bakery had some 25 to 30 people waiting to be served.

With all the restraunts and hotels being closed in the area, I started to wonder where I can get food. I was totally unprepared for the bandh and have not taken any food items in stock. As I was walking it flashed me that hospitals are exempted from the bandh call. So I proceeded towards St. Johns Hospital. As I expected the hospital canteen was open. Had my lunch over there, utilised the day for donating blood in the hospital's blood bank and came back. I have taken the pictures of Hosur Road on that day. I will post the pictures later in the blog. But none of you will believe that it is Hosur Road

No comments: