Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bike Trip to Tiruvannamalai

This weekend I had an unplanned trip to my native. I decided to ride through my bike. Started around 9:00 AM from Bangalore. I know that the road until Krishnagiri is too good since it is part of Super National Highway. From Krishnagiri I took a right towards Pondicherry road. The climate was pleasant for most part of the drive.

Even though I had traveled many times on this route, this is the first time I took a look around the numerous hillocks on the way. Most of them are steep and I guess rock climbers will love to give a try on these hillocks. There is not much trees on almost all of these hillocks. So if you are planning to give it a try, do so in winter.

While returning back I started around 4:30 AM so that I can make it to office in time. The dawn is always a pleasant one. The time when the darkness fades away and daylight starts is an awesome sight. Below is the sunrise which I captured near a place called Mattur.

No comments: